Hosted by the Kearney Parks and Recreation department, the Drop-in Disc Golf Tournaments meet once a month on Thursday evenings. May 14, June 11, and July 8 are at Centennial Park. August 13 is at Cottonmill Park. Tee time is 6:00pm.
http://nebdiscforums.yuku.com/topic/4369 is a link to the discussion forum.
May 7, 2015 – courses closed
- Ox Bow Trail in Ashland is closed due to flooding from Salt Creek. The yellow tops can be seen, the baskets are submerged.
- basket and fairway 11 … photo from James Fleege
- Chautauqua Park in Beatrice closed due to flooding from the Big Blue River.
- photo from Travis Sand
May 7, 2015 – damp courses
- Tierra Park in Lincoln is damp. Water flowed from baskets 7 and basket 6 short placements across the fairways and across basket 5 short placement. 1/2″ of silt on tee pad 6 red and 7 red
- Roper Park in Lincoln is damp. Part of the course is closed for refortification of the Lynn Creek banks.
- Plum Creek Park in Seward was flooded and currently has areas of standing water.
Any other course reports due to the recent rain? Feel free to comment.
Where the bridge crosses the Missouri River from Nebraska to South Dakota in northeast Nebraska is Gavin’s Point. It’s also the location for the Saturday PDGA C tier tournament. When playing at Gavin’s Point it’s a nice view to look across the river to the high bluffs on the Nebraska side.
On Sunday is another C tier just up the road at Fantle Memorial Park.
The tournaments are organized by Maverick Disc Golf. Registration links
Chains will be clanging at the fourth annual Columbus Clash. This is the first B tier sanctioned event in Nebraska for 2015 and will be held at the Central Community College disc golf course in Columbus, Nebraska. The course will be expanded to 18 holes for the tournament.
Discussion forum link:
8th BADGER Bash
Beatrice Area Disc Golf Enthusiasts & Recreationalists Chautauqua Park, Beatrice, Nebraska
Saturday, March 21
9:00am registration, tee at 10:00am. Two rounds of 18 holes Nebraska’s first ratings based tournament! PDGA C tier sanctioned
Don’t have a rating? We can help decide which division based on recent course scores. $5 of the registration goes to the Star City Shoot-out regional fees * $10 fee for non-PDGA members over 19. Presented by nebdisc, vending by Birdie30. Join the PDGA and the $10 non-member fee is applied to your new membership! Not valid for renewing members.
Click an option below to pre-register online. 935+ divisions, current PDGA members 935+ divisions, non-PDGA members under 935 divisions, current PDGA members under 935 divisions, non-PDGA members